Monday, October 19, 2009

My Uganda girls info


I'm excited to hear from my girls. After seeing 3 of them I couldn't choose 2 so I took all 3. To the right is Kate and Joan. Kate is the young lady who helps children find sponsors. She was in Uganda last summer. Here are the photos she sent me and a little about the girls.


In this first picture there is Nadudu Emmima in the front row in the torn blue dress. She has just recently joined the school and was a former street child who has had a little school, which has been off and on. Despite this, she is a very bright girl and is in P.1. Her ambition is to become a doctor and her favorite hobbies include running and singing.


Nabiryo Sharon is on the left. She is in P.2 and is 9 years old. Her ambition is to become a doctor when she's older. She loves to play with dolls and make people laugh.


Nakafero Joan is full of smiles. She is listed as 6 and in P.1, where she enjoys learning. Her ambition is to become an engineer. Her favorite activity is to play hide and seek.


As for Sharon and Joan, I met both girls while I was in Uganda this past June. They are incredibly sweet and loving despite the harships they face. Both girls are very poor, and I remember learning that Joan gets sick often. She has a younger sister at the school, who she is so patient with. When it is time to wash and eat, Joan is always at her sister's side washing and feeding her. Sharon is a doll, who has an infectious laugh! She really craved attention and I would just have her sit on my lap during church and hold her hands. Despite living with her parents(father is off and on) they neglect her, which is very obvious. She has been forced to grow up far too fast, and it is a blessing that you have decided to sponsor her! I know that when she starts receiving letters from you, she will be thrilled. "
So now I wait patiently to hear from them.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I would like to add your blog to the website I am creating to generate more funds to FirstGiving projects. On the site we will be selling Art and all of the sales profit are going to Fundraisers. I am linking blogs so people that visit the site can learn more about Sponsorship. Please email me if you are interested at candace.eve@gmail.com be sure to include your blog link and name of blog or your name.
    Thank you
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help this Ugandan boy from Christian Upliftment School who lost his home in a storm ,he had almost nothing and now has even less
    http://helpbosco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete