Monday, August 17, 2009

A New Job

Last week I got a call from a friend asking if I wanted to go back to work. Its a small "Mom n Pop" type place and I could choose my days and hours! What a blessing. I am now working 3 days a week, with the weekends off. So I am really pleased that I will have extra money to help the 4 kids that I sponsor.

This is a very small community and I know so many people. Now that I'm out in the public again I have more people to share my pictures and stories about my CI trip to the Dominican. One friend said she always thought of sponsoring but she didn't think it was legit. Well, she believes it now. The photos of me and my kids really tells the story better. It makes it real! I carry photos in my purse or car all the time for proof of how much I am helping a child in need. After 14 years of sponsorship I'm so glad I was able to visit. It became a bigger reality to me. It made me more involved than ever.

So this job is a blessing at the right time. Hopefully I can get some sponsors for other children of poverty!

No comments:

Post a Comment