Thursday, August 6, 2009

Letter about Yamileisy's birthday

Well, I got a letter from CI yesterday and with my birthday donation Yamileisy got a new pair of black shoes and socks. Of course she still has her package coming. I sent 2 blouses along with other frivilous things. Did I mention that I made a puzzle out of a photo of her and I together. I think she will really like that. I think I will make a puzzle for each of my kids. I also went to an online toymaker site to make paper things to send in regular letters (I always send my letters in a manila envelope along with stickers and paper products.) I printed some cute cutout boxes with a design on them with heavy paper. I cut it out, made the box and it fit the puzzle perfectly!! On the front I put a little sticker of the photo of the puzzle. Its a simple 30 piece puzzle but something different for them. They have lots of things to print, paper dolls, etc.

I've ordered shirts and pants for Jose Manuel's birthday in November. One came in yesterday. A really nice blue one for $5. Blue is his favorite color (mine too!) Being that it is hot there all the time I can get summer clearance items here for a good price. For less than $30 I got him 3 shirts, 1 pr. short pants, 1 pr. long pants. He loves Sponge Bob and the Power Rangers. I got a new Power Ranger watch for $5 and a Power Ranger baseball cap for $6 on ebay and some Sponge Bob items. And books! I try to send Spanish story books each time. I want to encourage reading. The Spanish version of "Dr. Suess" books are great. I love those books.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

These kids have become so special to me. I hope we have a lasting bond for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment