Sunday, September 13, 2009

Here he is!




I finally got the right information on Jose Joel. I called CI asked to sponsor him and he was signed up. I'm wondering if they told him who his sponsor was, since we did meet and spend a day together already. I'm wondering because I sense it in his smile. His father, Joel, was a CI sponsored child also. He is a mechanic and his wife Wendy stays at home with their 3 year old son, Elias, Waidy, 9 and Joelito, 11. They were only 16 & 18 when they had Joelito.



If Jen and I can help this family together maybe it will break the cycle of poverty. They seem to be a very close bonded family. Joel speaks a little English. I can't wait to visit them again. By choosing the same country for all my sponsored children it makes it more possible to visit all of them. Even though its hard to pass up those sweet faces in other countries, I know I wouldn't be able to go to some of the others. So there are plenty of children in need in the Dominican Republic. So come one, come all.....sponsor a child in the DR and we can visit them together.

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is a good idea to have all of your kids in one country to visit if you can visit them. I love my kids but I don't know if I can visit any of them. I use to sponsor a little boy in DR, Yesey, very sweet but now he has a new sponsor. Thanks for sharing your updates and stories, enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete