Friday, June 12, 2009

Package sent

Finally got my package sent off for Yamileisy's birthday on August 15th. I hope she gets it in time as there are decorations in it. I sent her lots of photos of our time together and my family in a special album with a matching box to keep her special things in. Its amazing what you can fit into a small box if you pack it just right. I also sent in my request to get her a birthday cake and ice cream. When we visited I asked her if she liked ice cream and our time ran out. I didn't get to get it for her and I felt so bad. So I hope this will make up for it. I just wish I could be there. Maybe someday. This is my test package. We'll see how long it takes to get to her.

Jose Manuel's birthday is in November so I have until mid September to get it ready. He will be 7 and I've already collected things for him. The dollar store is great for kids things. I found some children's books in Spanish. Some are stories that were favorites of mine. I also made him some "From the library of Jose Manuel" stickers so that he can put them in his books. I know its expensive to send (the postage, not the contents) these packages but the smile on their face is PRICELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment